- Visual and hands on examination of the horse’s head.
- Check incisors, jaw alignment and movement with Hausmann gag.
- Access horse’s demeanour are they anxious or painful?
- Check tongue, cheeks, gums and lips, looking for ulcers, food packing and areas of pain.
- Teeth are checked for correct positioning, looseness, overgrowths, sharp points, ridges, fractures, caries (decay).
- Checking is carried out by feeling and visually with a light and mirror.
- Creating a dental chart to record the dental history of the horse.
Ask The Vet - What Does a Routine Dental Checkup Involve?
March 02, 2018
A BIG Thank you
Wear it Pink Competition
Come and Eat Cake with us
Flu Update 8 August
Sycamore Toxicity Updated July 2019
AHT Equine Flu Recommendations
Flu Update 6 June 2019
Info Sheet: Dentistry
Info Sheet: Dental Mondays
News: Dental Mondays 2018
News: Dentals Ask the Vet 2
News: Dental Mondays - March April 2018
Info Sheet: Dental Caries
News: Dental Monday
News: Dental Monday 13th May 2019
Info Sheet: Riding Establishment Inspections
Info Sheet: Sedation for Horses
Info Sheet: Veteran Horse
Info Sheet: Cushing's Disease (PPID)
Info Sheet: Insurance Tips